Monday, November 2, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my old time corner here on the internets or like the young ones call it, my blog. While I may be an old time preacher, I'm also a new time internets user and new to this thing of blogging.

I've been on the internet for going on two weeks now, and think I have a fair to middlin' handle on how to make this thing work.

Right now you are askin' -
"Dr. Happy, why would you take the time to start a blog like this?"

I surely am glad you asked.

The more time I spend on these here internets the more I see people using their blogs and boards to tear down the name of our Lord and to attack men who have done all to stand.

While we all know that there will always be some bad apple, there is no doubt in my mind that we must stop and think about what we are saying, rather than just stopping and criticizing what these men do. Heaven forbid we'd all be different.

To tell you the truth, I think there are many of my people who still claim to be those good Baptist people that have taken things too far off course. They've made things either so stuffy or so full of rules that folks don't want to hear what they have to say. We'll be talkin' about them too.

I've seen many that have found theirselves loving to start a gossip blog about pastors who have fallen.

These uns probably get my boat the most because they are not 'restoring such an one in a spirit of meekness". Why do they do this? To that I have no answer. In my day people wouldn't do such a thing because it isn't Christian. It isn't a prayer request. It's GOSSIP plain and simple. No doubt about it.

I just want to take time to try and set some records straight here on my blog. I been in this old time religion for many a year and I aim to continue to carry this torch on until the Lord calls me home.

All the Best,

Dr. Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment